Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Parents With Alzheimer When Alzheimer Strikes Your Parents, What Can You Do?

When Alzheimer strikes your parents, what can you do? - parents with alzheimer

All you can do is be there for them and care for them.
My grandmother had Alzheimer's for five years, my grandfather, he took over. But he himself was older, so it was difficult. Then placed in a nursing home .. She died shortly afterwards.

Are some of FDA approved drugs for this disease. None of the healing, but they can slow down so that the person may be more like themselves more time.
Here is a website with them .. Click for a description:
http://alzheimers.about.com/b/2006/12/20 ...

Hope this helps ..

2 comments:

Maree L said...

Hello. Alzheimer's disease may take at any age, but usually after 60 years. It is very difficult to treat because people can get to explode, anger outwards and do not remember, really hurts and you need a very strong personality to deal with it. I know I can not say what you mean. If you need help with this simple e-mail and I'll help anyway I can. Stay strong. Take care.

majnun99 said...

Not much, unless you can do to do our best to your father gets good care.

My mother had dementia, and I was very sad and difficult to treat. My father and I finally decided it would be in a nursing home. She lived only a few months later. My mother was very intelligent and it is horrible to see that lost. It is not yet enjoy their retirement long before his mind began to walk.

All I can say is that I think that's really the best we could, by him for as much as we could. I categorically do not give a care home, but his behavior was so unpredictable that my father and I could handle any more.

Post a Comment